School closures – many questions still remain
25 November 2013
In the fallout from the Education Minister’s announcement that he would close six Queensland state schools, many questions remain to be answered for the sake of the specific school communities affected and for the wider Queensland public.
These include What on-going support will be given to students forced to relocate to different schools? What are the Minister's plans for the sites? and What will be the impact on surrounding schools?
- Minister Langbroek's announcement, 17 Sep 2013
- Community consultation reports on each of the schools earmarked for closure
- Revised catchment maps for schools in the areas affected by the closures
- QTU response to the release of the JTA reports and the Minister's decisions
- QTU Submissions to the Minister and Department about each potential closure.
• Charlton State School • Everton Park State High School
• Fortitude Valley State School • Nyanda State High School
• Old Yarranlea State School • Stuart State School
• Toowoomba South State School • Wyreema State School
- Draft Darling Downs regional Plan feedback - QTU submission
Advice - QTAD
You will find resources and links to help you manage your membership.
Union Training - QTEC & PD
Events, Conferences, Meetings
One of the great benefit of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU Ishop now open
Vacancies at the QTU
Vacancies currently exist for
- Organiser - Gold Coast
- Organiser - North Queensland