Incentives review trial terms finalised
The Trial of Differentiated RAIS Incentives Committee, a subcommittee of the Rural and Remote Incentives Review, has finalised its terms of reference.
The terms of reference state that the subcommittee’s purpose is to:
- undertake a trial of differentiated (new and amended) incentives provided for state school teachers and school leaders in Aurukun, Doomadgee, Hope Vale, Kowanyama, Lockhart River, Mapoon, Mornington Island, Northern Peninsula Area, Palm Island, Pormpuraaw and Wujal Wujal
- leverage existing data and research which has been collated as part of the broader RAIS review
- evaluate the extent to which incentives and benefits:
- continue to assist in the attraction and retention of teachers and school leaders in the locations above
- meet the needs and expectation of the current and future teaching workforces in the locations above
- explore incentives, options and models offered by other jurisdictions and industries in really remote communities more than a three hour drive to a major centre and that are under government reform.
The scope is limited to the trial only and broad recommendations for implementation in all rural and remote locations are out of scope. The next meeting was scheduled for early April.
Kevina O'Neill Assistant Secretary - Services
Queensland Teachers' Journal, Vol 122 No 3, 14 April 2017, p10
Selected volumes and articles from 2008 to current editions...
Publication information (incl. advertising)Queensland Teachers' Journal editorial information and information, including booking forms, for advertisers...
Letters to the editorYou can easily send in your letter to the editor using our quick online form...
Advice - QTAD
Training, seminars & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
There are no vacancies at this time.
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop