Rosemary Richards Scholarship applications open
Women QTU members are being encouraged to apply for the AEU Rosemary Richards Scholarship 2017.
This scholarship, now in its eleventh year, is aimed at providing the opportunity to a woman member to increase her skills and experience in the Union’s work at a state/territory/national or international level and, by extension, supporting the AEU’s women members. The proposal may include (but is not limited to):
- the establishment of a work-shadowing or a mentoring arrangement
- research or study experiences
- formal and/or informal training and development opportunities (e.g. attendance at an appropriate conference)
- the design and implementation of a discrete project.
The scholarship, which is valued at up to $10,000 per year, is offered in memory of Rosemary Richards, a proud feminist, unionist and educator who played a crucial role in shaping the AEU as an organisation which reflects feminist principles. Rosemary passed away in November 2006 after a long battle with illness.
For more information, refer to the guidelines and nomination form on the AEU website at www.aeufederal.org.au/our-work/rosemary-richards-scholarship-2017
The deadline for applications is Friday 28 April.
Queensland Teachers' Journal, Vol 122 No 2, 10 March 2017, p4
Selected volumes and articles from 2008 to current editions...
Publication information (incl. advertising)Queensland Teachers' Journal editorial information and information, including booking forms, for advertisers...
Letters to the editorYou can easily send in your letter to the editor using our quick online form...
Advice - QTAD
Training, seminars & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
There are no vacancies at this time.
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop