Training for school leaders
The QTU is running a series of “Industrial relations skills for school administrators” workshops around the state to help leaders deal with the changes that came with the introduction of the Department of Education and Training State School Teachers’ Certified Agreement 2016 and the Teaching in State Education Award – State 2016 last year.
In these half-day workshops, school leaders will have an opportunity to discuss current issues as well as discuss and be informed about the new award and certified agreement.
The sessions will work through a guide to assist principals and deputy principals in implementing the new award and certified agreement, as well as looking at local consultative committees. Each workshop will also have a focused session on the review of the classification structure.
Through the Queensland Teachers’ Education Centre (QTEC), school leader members will continue to be able to access promotion panel training, face to face and online. This training has been very well received by members, and we will continue to deliver the most up to date information around promotion panels and recruitment and selection strategies.
Over the past two years, the QTU has been introducing online training sessions for school leader members in rural and remote areas to access.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact either myself or QTEC Coordinator Pauline Gagiero on 07 3512 9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Training schedule for 2017
WORKSHOPS for school leader members in metropolitan and regional centres
- IR skills for administrators – Wednesday 15 March, Toowoomba
- Promotion panel training (for principal, DP and HOP panels) – two sessions, Monday 27 March, Townsville
- IR skills for administrators – Friday 28 April, Brisbane
- IR skills for administrators – Friday 5 May, Townsville
- Promotion panel training (for principal, DP and HOP panels) – two sessions, Tuesday 16 May, Toowoomba
- IR skills for administrators – Thursday 18 May, Ipswich
- Promotion panel training (for principal, DP and HOP panels) – two sessions Thursday 15 June, Cairns
- Principal Union Rep training – Friday 16 June, Brisbane.
Promotion panel training (for principal, DP and HOP panels) – two sessions Wednesday 13 September Gold Coast
IR skills for administrators Friday 13 October Brisbane
IR skills for administrators Friday 20 October Brisbane
ONLINE TRAINING for school leader members in rural and remote centres
- Promotion panel training – week starting 29 May (TBC), online
- Managing unsatisfactory performance – week starting 29 May (TBC, online
- Promotion panel training – Monday 4 September, online
- Legal issues for principals – Tuesday 5 September, online.
QTEC courses are advertised in the relevant areas via email approximately four weeks prior to the course date. Course dates are subject to change and will only proceed if there are sufficient numbers to run the event. For further information contact the QTEC coordinator, Pauline Gagiero on (07) 3512 9000 or email@example.com
Queensland Teachers' Journal, Vol 122 No 2, 10 March 2017, p12
Selected volumes and articles from 2008 to current editions...
Publication information (incl. advertising)Queensland Teachers' Journal editorial information and information, including booking forms, for advertisers...
Letters to the editorYou can easily send in your letter to the editor using our quick online form...
QTU stands in solidarity
The Queensland Teachers’ Union wishes to express its shock at the killing of 17 people at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, and stands in solidarity with the many brave teachers who risked their own lives to protect the students in their care.
These horrific events reveal the deep commitment and bravery of members of our profession under the most extreme of circumstances, and we are proud to stand with them at this terrible time.QTU, 16 Feb 2018
Advice - QTAD
Training, seminars & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop
There are no vacancies at this time