PPL cuts - time to take action
On 8th February the Government introduced the Omnibus Savings and Child Care Reform Bill in an effort to force nearly $4 billion in savings through the Parliament. This Bill combines cuts to paid parental leave, family payments and other savings measures with the Jobs for families Childcare Package.
This proposed bill will see Queensland teachers accessing paid parental leave $8071 worse off!
Your union (and the AEU and the ACTU) are strongly opposed to the Bill. Investment in early education and care should not be contingent on cutting support for families in other vitally important areas.
- A summary of the key measures contained in the Bill here
- The Bill and Explanatory memorandum are available here
- Loss of income for AEU members under the new PPL proposal here
While the Xenaphon team have indicated that they won’t support the bill in the upper house, we must ensure that the cross benchers and Senators of Australia know the real impact that these changes will have on working families.
We need teachers and our community to keep up the pressure by:
Posted 14 February 2017
Advice - QTAD
Training, seminars & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
There are no vacancies at this time.
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop