QTEC Safe Schools Coalition Seminar
Wednesday 19 April 2017, 4:30 – 7:00pm
The Polish Club (opposite the Teachers’ Building), Marie Street, Milton
(parking will be available at the Polish Club
QTEC and Safe Schools Coalition Queensland invite you to a workshop on LGBTIQ+ inclusivity in schools.
This workshop will discuss the needs of children and young people of all ages, and will be relevant to all school settings.It will provide evidence that you can use to inform policy in your school setting, approaches to use when working directly with young people who may be at risk of homophobia or transphobia, and ideas to integrate into your teaching practise.
Presenters and guests:
- Penny Spalding (QTU Women’s Officer)
- Gianna Parmesan (TRUE / Safe Schools Queensland)
Participants should be able to:
- Identify key evidence on the sexuality of young people in Australia and the experiences and needs of transgender young people;
- Broadly understand the elements of sexualities and gender diversity;
- Explain the needs of same sex attracted, gender diverse and intersex students in schools;
- Identify opportunities within the existing curriculum to promote inclusivity; and
- Understand where to find further information and resources
Safe Schools Coalition Queensland seek to create inclusive schools for all same sex attracted, intersex and gender diverse students, staff and families.
Safe Schools Coalition Australia is funded by the Australian Government, the State Department of Education and Training and is nationally convened by the Foundation for Young Australians
Advice - QTAD
Union Training - QTEC & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop
There are no vacancies at this time.