SUPPLY TEACHERS SALARIES
(as paid under the Department of Education and Training State School Teachers' Certified Agreement 2016 and the Teaching in State Education Award – State 2016)
Salaries as at 1 July 2016
[download as pdf]
Band 1 Step 1 to
Band 3 Step 4
* NB – the above hourly rates are inclusive of the 23% casual loading.
- A flat rate, set at the level of band 3 step 1, plus 23% casual loading, applies to all casual (supply) engagements for teachers.
- Engagement can range from minimum 2 hours to full day (5 hours).
Engagements beyond the normal 5 hours may occur with payment calculated at a multiple of the hourly rate, eg 6 hours = $448.70.
A supply teacher is to be employed for no more than 5 continuous days in one vacancy.
- Engagements beyond 2 hours are capable of payment in 15 minute blocks,
eg 3 hours and 15 minutes with payment calculated at a multiple of the hourly rate where 3.25 hours = $243.10.
Where an engagement of less than a full day includes the mid-morning break, the supply teacher will receive payment for this time.
Advice - QTAD
Training, seminars & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop