All legislation enacted by the Queensland government is available online
The following legislation/subordinate legislation are of particular relevance for teachers:
- Education (General Provisions) Act 2006
- Education (General Provision) Regulation 2006
- Education (Queensland College of Teachers) Act 2005
- Education (Queensland College of Teachers regulation 2005
- Education (Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority) Act 2014
- Education (Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority) Regulation 2014
- Public Sector Ethics Act 1994
- Public Sector Ethics Regulation 2010
- Public Service Act 2008
- Public Service Regulation 2008
- Industrial Relations Act 1999
- Industrial Relations Regulation 2011
- Industrial Relations Act 2016
- Anti-Discrimination Act 1991
- Work Health And Safety Act 2011
- Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011
- Workers' Compensation and Rehabilitation Act 2003
- Workers Compensation and Rehabilitation Regulation 2014
- Right to Information Act 2009
- Right to Information Regulation 2009
The QTU's brochures are useful in summarising aspects of the Awards, Certified Agreements, Legislation and other information relevant to government employees (including teachers) in this State.
[page updated 15 January 2015]
Advice - QTAD
Training, seminars & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop