Myth : We are required to have lesson observations and walk-throughs without prior consultation, agreement or knowledge of what the purpose of the observation is.
Fact : This statement is not correct, unless you are a teacher on MUP or probation.
Lesson observations and walk-throughs occur in accordance with the QTU/DET Joint Statement on Collegial Engagement in Classrooms and should:
- be the subject of consultation with teaching staff
- fit into the normal routine of the school
- be the subject of negotiation between the teacher and observer regarding the timing and frequency, the purpose of the lesson and feedback.
[Information updated Feb 2017]
QTU stands in solidarity
The Queensland Teachers’ Union wishes to express its shock at the killing of 17 people at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, and stands in solidarity with the many brave teachers who risked their own lives to protect the students in their care.
These horrific events reveal the deep commitment and bravery of members of our profession under the most extreme of circumstances, and we are proud to stand with them at this terrible time.QTU, 16 Feb 2018
Advice - QTAD
Training, seminars & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop
There are no vacancies at this time