Non-contact time for part-time teachers
Myth: I have recently returned to work as a part-time (.5) classroom teacher, and understand that only full-time teachers have access to non-contact time.
Fact: Part-time teachers also have access to non-contact time, calculated as a pro-rata proportion of the entitlements of a full-time teacher. So a .5 teacher is entitled to .5 of a full-time teacher's amount of non-contact time.
For more information:
- QTU information brochure Non-contact time for teachers in primary schools (including prep) and special schools
- QTU information brochure Non-contact time (preparation and correction) secondary teachers
Information updated 8 July 2014
Advice - QTAD
Training, seminars & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
There are no vacancies at this time.
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop