Master teachers’ research obligations
Q: I have started my three-year term as a master teacher this year – what research obligations do I have?
A: Action research is used by teachers to solve classroom problems and improve professional practice.
Master teachers are expected to undertake action research in their roles, with the focus on helping classroom teachers to improve their students’ literacy and numeracy.
They can choose to enrol in a formal course run by the University of Southern Queensland, but this is not mandatory.
- QTU information brochure Master teachers
- The memorandum of agreement between the QTU and DET
- Department information, including FAQs
- Master teachers: A joint statement from DET and the QTU, Nov 2015
[Information updated : 24 Nov 2016]
Advice - QTAD
Training, seminars & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
There are no vacancies at this time.
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop