Information for school leaders:
The risk of legal action is something school leaders face on a daily basis. That’s why the Queensland Teachers’ Union gives such a high priority to giving its school leader members the best possible legal protection and assistance.
Any legal action, whether it be prosecution or defence, is expensive. Without legal aid, you could face a severe financial setback from which you might never fully recove
The Queensland Teachers’ Union established a legal assistance scheme many years ago in order to protect the legal and industrial rights of members......read more
Education Administrators Committee
The QTU has a standing committee titled the Educational Administrators Committee (EAC) which comprises fifteen principals and associate administrators (DPs, HODs, HOSES). The committee is chaired by Ms Lyn Winch (Principal, Chevallum State School)
The Educational Leaders Committee undertakes the following tasks:
- provides advice to the QTU Executive on a range of issues relevant to educational administrators and other members;
- monitors departmental processes such as relocations and merit selection;
- reviews and develops QTU policy relevant to educational administrators;
- liaises with other QTU standing committees;
- oversees the organisation of the annual QTU Educational Administrators Conference.
Any members wishing to have EAC address a specific issue should outline the issue and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IPS selection changes a step in the right direction
The 2016 round of Independent Public Schools (IPS) was announced on November 16 following a comprehensive selection process based on a new methodology. Read more here...
IPS Consultation kit
Download the IPS consultation kit published September 2015
Contents of the kit:
- IPS – background and update
- IPS consultation flowchart
- Follow up checklist
- Agenda for initial union meeting
- Local consultative committees and guidelines for small school consultative processes
- Appendix 1: Workplace position on IPS communication/consultation resolutions
- Appendix 2: Independent Public Schools ballot return
- Appendix 3: QTU IPS workplace meeting attendance
- Appendix 4: IPS report back sheet
- Memorandum of Agreement
- Increased school autonomy – QTU Policy
Qld funding moves toward Gonski model
The Queensland Government’s allocation of federal funding to state schools has moved closer to the model of a base level of funding, plus loadings aimed at overcoming students’ educational disadvantage – that is, the model advocated by the Gonski review of schools funding. Read more here...
Advice - QTAD
Training, seminars & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop
There are no vacancies at this time