Update 28 Nov 2016: The QTU ballot is now closed, but you still need to have your say in the Employer ballot which is open for this week only. Check your inbox for information from your employer and a link to the ballot.
7 November 2016
QTU TAFE EB ballot open
As advised in the Newsflash dated 24 October, an in-principle agreement has been reached with TAFE Queensland regarding the terms of a replacement for the 2012 TAFE certified agreement, including the provision of salary increases for TAFE educators.
While the QTU Senior Officers and TAFE Executive support the proposed offer, as always it is for our members to decide.
Thus we are asking all TAFE Queensland members (not those who work at CQUniversity) to vote on the acceptability of the offer. Please follow the steps listed below, and lodge your vote. The question reads:
Do you support the acceptance of the TAFE Queensland EB offer for TAFE educators?
The QTU Senior Officers and TAFE Executive recommends you vote YES to accept the offer. The QTU believes that significant gains have been made regarding salary and conditions, as well as provisions securing the retention of existing entitlements. The QTU’s ballot will be open from today until COB Friday 18 November, 2016. Please be sure to vote. – we know how busy the end of year gets.
Key features of the offer
- A separate agreement for educators, rather than the single agreement for all employees that TAFE Queensland originally sought.
- Preservation of the 1 July start date, with backpay to be paid to this date.
The 1 July date is particularly significant for our members who are defined benefit superannuants.
- Salary increases of 2.5 per cent per annum over the three years of the agreement.
- An additional 0.5 per cent salary increase to be applied on both 1/7/17 and 1/7/18, in recognition of the missing 2014 increase.
- Protection of conditions that were under threat during the previous negotiations.
To review the draft agreement, click here.
If you wish to see how your pay will increase, updated salary scales are available here.
To review the 24 October Newsflash (which has more detail on the offer and an overview of agreed clauses) click here.
If you have any questions or comments about the proposed agreement, please contact Industrial/Research Officer Kim Roy at QTU Milton on (07) 3512 9000 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
QTU TAFE members are also advised that TAFE Queensland is required by legislation to conduct its own ballot of all affected employees, once the in-principle agreement has been approved by government and confirmed by the unions. QTU Senior Officers and TAFE Executive urge QTU TAFE Queensland members to vote in the employer ballot and to vote YES to endorse the proposed agreement. It is important that you vote in both ballots.
How to vote in the online QTU TAFE ballot
- Have your QTU membership (your employee/payroll) number and internet password ready.
- Go to www.qtu.asn.au
- Click on the green box on the right hand side of the website, “myQTU Member portal”
- Log in by entering your membership number and password.
- Click on the “View or Enter Ballot Results here” link at the top of the screen.
- Select “YES” or “NO” using the drop down menu. The system is set up to ensure that there is only one vote per member.
- Once the “SUBMIT” button is clicked, the data entry fields are closed and you will no longer be able to vote. Ensure your vote is correct.
- Hit the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your voting process is now complete.
- Log out of myQTU.
Thank you for taking the time to cast your vote on this important issue. If you have any issues with voting online, please email email@example.com or phone Tracy Rogers or Mandy Howse at QTU Milton on (07) 35129000.
Authorised by Graham Moloney, General Secretary, Queensland Teachers' Union
Advice - QTAD
Training, seminars & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop
There are no vacancies at this time