Direct debit request service agreement
1. By signing the Direct Debit Request, you authorise us to arrange for funds to be debited from your account in accordance with the agreement.
2. The Queensland Teachers’ Union will issue a letter in November detailing the dates and amount of the debit transactions.
3. The customer will be advised no less than 14 days in advance of any changes to the Direct Debit arrangements.
4. For all matters relating to the Direct Debit arrangements (such as requests to defer/alter, stop/cancel, or dispute), the customer should contact the membership section of the Union on 07 3512 9000 and/or write to the General Secretary, Queensland Teachers’ Union, PO Box 1750, MILTON BC 4064.
1. If you believe that there has been an error in debiting your account, you should notify us directly on 07 3512 9000 and confirm that notice in writing with us as soon as possible so that we can resolve your query more quickly.
2. If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by arranging for your financial institution to adjust your account (including interest and charges) accordingly. We will also notify you in writing of the amount by which your account has been adjusted.
3. If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has not been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and any evidence for this finding in writing.
Alternatively, disputes or requests to stop or cancel a Direct Debit Request can be directed to your financial institution.
5. The customer should be aware that:
1. Direct Debiting through BECS is not available on all accounts; and
2. Account details should be checked against a recent statement from its Financial Institution.
(If in any doubt you should check with your Financial Institution before completing the drawing authority.)
6. It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure sufficient funds are in the nominated debiting account when payments are to be drawn.
7. If the due date falls on a non-working day or public holiday, the payment will be processed on the next working day. The customer can check with their Financial Institution to confirm when payment will be debited.
8. For returned unpaid transactions the customer’s (member) financial status will be at risk. The Union will advise the member as soon as possible and then will have 21 days to pay directly to the Union. Future instalments will continue to be debited on the dates advised. Should instalments continue to be unpaid after three attempts, the customer’s Direct Debit authority will be cancelled and the customer will be advised accordingly.
9. All customer’s records and account detail/s will be kept confidential to be disclosed only at the request of the customer or Financial Institution in connection with a claim made to an alleged incorrect or wrongful debt.
10. The customer should confirm with their Financial Institution any charges applicable if any payment is returned unpaid. There will be no charges imposed by the Queensland Teachers’ Union.
11. If you wish to notify us in writing about anything to do with with this agreement, you should write to “The General Secretary, Queensland Teachers’ Union”, at the postal address listed above. We may send notices either electronically to your email address or by ordinary post to the address you have given us. Any notice will be deemed to have been received on the third banking day after emailing or posting.
Updated October 2013
QTU stands in solidarity
The Queensland Teachers’ Union wishes to express its shock at the killing of 17 people at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, and stands in solidarity with the many brave teachers who risked their own lives to protect the students in their care.
These horrific events reveal the deep commitment and bravery of members of our profession under the most extreme of circumstances, and we are proud to stand with them at this terrible time.QTU, 16 Feb 2018
Advice - QTAD
Training, seminars & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop
There are no vacancies at this time