Schools EB agreement certified
The new state school teachers’ agreement has been certified.
The Department of Education and Training State School Teachers’ Certified Agreement 2016 was certified at a hearing in the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission (QIRC) on 5 October, following the successful employer ballot in which 94.3 per cent of votes supported the replacement agreement.
Certification by the QIRC allows the agreement to formally take effect.
Schools should now be looking to implement the key strategies from the agreement. Key issues that members may want to concentrate on during term four include:
- consultation and agreement on the purpose, frequency and duration of staff meetings
- the timing of professional development for flexible student free days, including how any mandatory training undertaken outside rostered duty time will be recognised and whether the school will use the hours of the October student free day flexibly
- the development of a school data plan in accordance with the DET/QTU Joint Statement On The Purpose And Use Of Data In Queensland Schools.
The QTU has been advised by the department that the adjustments associated with the certification of the Department of Education and Training State School Teachers' Certified Agreement 2016 are scheduled to appear in the pay cycle ending 13 November (pay-day 9 November).\
The QTU welcomes this first scheduled pay rise (back-dated to 1 July 2016) after advocating for the back payments not to occur in the same pay cycle as annual leave loading later in the year.
For more details, including a copy of the new agreement, visit www.qtu.asn.au/eb8
Queensland Teachers' Journal, Vol 121 Number 8, p4
Advice - QTAD
Training, seminars & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
There are no vacancies at this time.
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop