QTU Biennial Conference 2019: see you there!
Queensland Teachers' Journal, Vol 123 No 8, 2 November 2018, page no. 6
Every two years, delegates from across Queensland come together to set the agenda for the Union.
Next year, the Union’s 130th anniversary year, the Biennial Conference will be held from 1 to 3 July (the first Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of the winter holidays).
The QTU conference plays many roles in the administration of the Union, including:
- consolidating the QTU’s priorities and setting the direction/agenda for the next couple of years
- revising, updating and setting new policy, including developing QTU policy on emerging trends in education
- recognising and celebrating our achievements
- encouraging members to embrace that we are a strong and growing Union
- looking toward the future.
Essentially, it is a time for us to reconcile, remember, celebrate, set the agenda for the next two years and put in place strategies that empower members to make it happen.
Conference showcases all that we do and provides an opportunity for members to hear from some great speakers about our profession, our Union and our campaigns.
If you’ve been wanting to get more involved and have been seeking the opportunity to take part in the Union’s decision-making processes (beyond workplace and branch level) now is the chance.
Nominations for a State Conference Delegate from each branch, Area Council and TAFE are in this Journal. There are also two conference delegate positions for members who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders.
We look forward to seeing you there!