Deputy General Secretary Kate Ruttiman answered members' questions at Biennial Conference about the offer
Find an information session near you
The DET State School Teachers' Certified Agreement 2016 expired on 30 June 2019 .
Information for Union Reps (login required)
EB9 : State Government Offer
On 3 July 2019, QTU State Conference endorsed the state government offer, recommended its acceptance to members in a ballot to be conducted in Term 3 and deferred industrial action planned for July 18.
15 July 2019: Read the latest in the QTU Members' Newsflash regarding the offer and the member ballot
Resolutions from QTU Conference, 3 July 2019
That Conference endorse an in-principle agreement with the Department of Education on the basis of the Department’s offer of 28 June 2019.
- That Conference recommend acceptance of the in-principle agreement in a school-based ballot to be held over the first three weeks of Term 3.
- That the QTU defer protected industrial action scheduled for 18 July 2019 pending the result of the membership ballot.
- That Conference call on the government to fast-track the establishment of the Workload Advisory Council and its work to reduce workload to fulfil its 2017 pre-election commitment.
- That Conference recognises the courage of QTU members employed as Instrumental music teachers/instructors in the following nine parts of the QTU Work to Rule directive.
- That the QTU seeks guarantees from the department, whether inside or outside the EB9 Agreement, of measures to mitigate workload identified in the QTU Log of Claims, for example,
· increase in Non-Contact Time (NCT) for Instrumental Music (IM) staff
· class size targets for out of hours ensemble
· measures to address the additional hours of work that IM teachers/instructors are required to undertake but which they are not remunerated for.