Senior Teacher (ST)
FAQs : Senior Teacher 2021
Am I eligible for the senior teacher classification in 2021?
Eligibility requirements are outlined in the Department of Education State School Teachers Certified Agreement 2019.
- A permanent teacher must have completed nine years of full-time teaching or equivalent and, if a four-year trained teacher, must have been on the classification Band 3 Step 4 for at least 12 months.
- A three-year trained teacher must have been on at least Band 2 Step 4 for a period of 12 months.
- A temporary teacher must have
- completed nine years of full-time teaching or equivalent,
- have been on the classification Band 3 Step 4 for a period of 12 months, if four-year trained,
at least Band 2 Step 4 for a period of 12 months if three-year trained,
- must be engaged for at least three consecutive terms at the same school.
Note: where temporary teachers cannot or do not access the senior teacher salary increment, there can be no employer requirement or expectation that the teacher will perform higher duties. Members who believe they are eligible in 2021, can prepare by reading the relevant information and completing the documentation.
QTU Brochure on the senior teacher increment (member access)
Documentation to be completed to apply for the senior teacher classification includes
- A current Annual Performance Development Plan
- Senior Teacher Undertaking and Personal Action Plan
- Senior Teacher Shell (this will enable eligible teachers to then load the undertaking and action plan).
The Senior Teacher Undertaking and Personal Action Plan is accessible via OnePortal.
The Annual Performance Development Plan and Senior Teacher Shell are located in MyHR Performance Capability and Talent (PCT). MyHR PCT is accessible via DoE/ school networks only.
Teachers who would like assistance with actioning documentation for the senior teacher classification can contact the MyHR Help Desk MyHRHelpdesk@qed.qld.gov.au.
Will I be notified if I am eligible?
The Department of Education will communicate with employees who are eligible in October of the year prior to them becoming eligible.
Members can check their eligibility by contacting the Teacher Classifications Team email@example.com.
Members should request their eligibility date.
When will I be paid at the senior teacher classification?
A teacher with an eligibility date prior to 30 April 2021 and if the required documentation is completed and located in MyHR PCT by this date (30 April 2021), payment will be backdated to your date of eligibility and paid in the next available fortnight.
If your eligibility date is post 30 April 2021, your payment will be automatically made if the required documentation is completed and located in MyHR PCT by your eligibility date.
QTU useful links:
- FAQS (this document)
- QTU information brochure - Senior teacher increment
- Department of Education State School Teachers Certified Agreement 2019 Certified Agreement
DoE Useful links:
Department of Education State School Teachers Certified Agreement 2019 Certified Agreement
and the following accessible via DoE/school networks only
- Senior Teacher MyHR PCT Navigation Guide
- Teacher Annual Performance Plan
- MyHR PCT Teacher (Shell) Application –Annual Performance Development Plan Quick Reference Guide
- The Senior Teacher Undertaking and Personal Action Plan
- MyHR Performance Capability and Talent (accessible via DoE/school networks only)
The 2021 Senior Teacher Guide and Frequently Asked Questions is in the process of being updated and will be located under Payroll Information Statements.