Education Leaders Committee
The QTU has a standing committee titled the Educational Administrators Committee (EAC) which comprises fifteen principals and associate administrators (DPs, HODs, HOSES). The committee is chaired by Ms Alan Cook.
The Education Leaders Committee undertakes the following tasks:
- provides advice to the QTU Executive on a range of issues relevant to educational administrators and other members;
- monitors departmental processes such as relocations and merit selection;
- reviews and develops QTU policy relevant to educational administrators;
- liaises with other QTU standing committees;
- oversees the organisation of the annual QTU Education Leaders Conference.
Any members wishing to have EAC address a specific issue should outline the issue and send it to: email@example.com (mark it Attention: Education Leaders Committee)
17 Nov 2016 : Update - progress on NCT and the review of the classification system for school leaders
Principal recruitment and selection (including relocations)QTU information brochure
Relocations for deputy principals and heads of programs
Search all QTU brochuresAdvice, information and legal brochures
Journal articles and other resources:
Independent public schoolsInformation and resources for members on Independent Public Schools
Queensland teachers = Quality teachers campaign pageThis campaign is designed to inform members of the attacks on the education profession that result from the state government's plan for education and calls on the government to meaningfully negotiate with the QTU around these issues.
The risk of legal action is something school leaders face on a daily basis. That’s why the Queensland Teachers’ Union gives such a high priority to giving its school leader members the best possible legal protection and assistance.
The Queensland Teachers’ Union established a legal assistance scheme many years ago in order to protect the legal and industrial rights of members.
Any legal action, whether it be prosecution or defence, is expensive. Without legal aid, you could face a severe financial setback from which you might never fully recover.....read more
Advice - QTAD
Training, seminars & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop