Paid your QTU dues?
Queensland Teachers' Journal, Vol 125 No 2, 20 March 2020, page no.4
Not got around to paying for your 2020 QTU membership? No stress, here’s how we can help.
How can I pay?
- Australia Post and BPAY payment information is included on your 2020 dues notice.
- Log into the myQTU member portal to pay by credit card or view your current dues notice.
- If unable to log in, please contact the QTU via phone (07) 3512 9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Can’t pay the full amount?
- Set up monthly direct debit payments via myQTU (www.qtu.asn.au/myQTU).
- Set up a recurring fortnightly BPAY payment via your internet banking.
- If you are experiencing financial difficulties, please email email@example.com or call our membership team on 3512 9000 to discuss options.
On leave (reduced income) or no longer teaching?
Contact our QTU membership team on 3512 9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Now we’ve got that sorted, let's hear why QTU membership is so important to Queensland state school teachers.
I am and will continue to be a proud member of the Queensland Teachers’ Union. To me it is clear that the future of our profession lies in our ability to continue to stand up, stand together and stand firm on issues that impact on the learning and teaching conditions of students, teachers and school leaders. We are the experts in our field, and therefore the best placed to positively influence and contribute to a brighter future for public education. I shall continue to play my part in eliminating the very blatant inequality between the different education sectors. The future wellbeing and prosperity of our nation is dependent on all children having access to free, quality, well-resourced and fairly funded education. Genevieve Pearson, Toowoomba North SS
I’ve been a unionist since I was born. My Dad was a member of the CFMEU, so at uni I became a student member. I love being a part of something bigger than myself. The QTU is family. Continuing my activism with the QTU is so powerful. I’m committed to standing with my colleagues through the democracy and power of my Union. Jo Sheppard, Caravonica SS
I am a member of the QTU because our collective voices change lives. Because of that collective voice, teachers have NCT, we have a temp to perm process and part-time teachers receive annual pay increases –and the list goes on. I am a member of the QTU because while sometimes my voice alone isn’t loud enough, the voice of 47,000 members can improve lives. Natalie Clarke, Manly SS