Temporary, contract and casual QTU members
Temporary, contract and casual teachers face a range of unique issues in their employment.
The QTU provides support for members in temporary, contract and casual positions through:
- the QTU’s Queensland Teachers’ Assist Desk (QTAD), which can provide advice and information online, by phone or by email
- detailed information brochures
- a dedicated e-newsletter, “Temporary Teacher Communiqué”
- your local Organiser or a specialist QTU officer, who are there to help with more complex issues
- advocacy and advice throughout the conversion to permanency process.
Temporary Teacher Communique is sent by email to QTU members who have indicated they are temporary, casual or contract in their membership details. If you are not receiving the newsletter and you believe you should be, please check your details in myQTU member portal to make sure your details including your email address are up to date.
Below is a list of QTU brochures and fact sheets of interest to temporary teachers. For links to the full range of advice, information and legal brochures and fact sheets click here.
Temporary, casual and contract QTU members seeking advice:
- see brochures listing above for information on common issues.
- contact the QTU's Queensland Teachers' Assist Desk (QTAD) by phone, email or online form
- if your issue is more complex, you may be referred by QTAD or your QTU organiser to a specialist QTU officer
The QTU provides advocacy and advice throughout the conversion to permanency process for QTU members. If you are a temporary teacher seeking permanency, please start by completing this form and returning it to the appropriate address listed on the form.
Advice - QTAD
Union Training - QTEC & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop
There are no vacancies at this time.