New and beginning teachers in the QTU
The QTU welcomes new and beginning teachers who are commencing their careers in the Department of Education and Training.
The QTU has a range of useful resources:
- Flare - the e-newsletter for new and beginning teachers
- online brochures on many topics, with some specific to new and beginning teachers
- access to the QTU library - find out more here
- all QTU members should receive the Union's journal - The Queensland Teachers' Journal - eight times per year, with many useful articles for teachers and specific articles for new teachers.
- QTU new educators guide - for QTU members only, you will need your member number and password to access the guide. This guide has been prepared for QTU members as a simple overview of the main issues that will affect you in your early years of teaching.If you need further advice, the simplest way is to contact the Queensland Teachers Assist Desk (QTAD).
- Internship agreements - between the QTU and Queensland universities which have Education courses
QTU members have a range of options available when needing assistance:
Update your details
Remember to keep us up to date when you change your school, address, employment or other contact details and head to the members' portal "myQTU".
Preservice teacher payment – progress stalled
The QTU could consider withdrawing support for preservice teacher supervision if universities continue to refuse negotiations over an increase in the remuneration teachers receive for the task.31 May 2019 Read More
New and beginning teachers in the first five yeears of teaching will receive this newsletter at their preferred email address, however by following the steps below a member may elect to unsubscribe/subscribe.
- Logon using the myQTU button
- Select the green "manage your membership" button
- Select the "my communications" option from the dropdown menu [☰]
- Use checkboxes to subscribe/unsubscribe from this title and a range of newsletters available for QTU members