New and beginning teachers in the QTU
The QTU welcomes new and beginning teachers who are commencing their careers in the Department of Education and Training.
The QTU has a range of useful resources:
- New educator connect - the e-newsletter for new and beginning teachers
- online brochures on many topics, with some specific to new and beginning teachers
- access to the QTU library - find out more here
- all QTU members should receive the Union's journal - The Queensland Teachers' Journal - eight times per year, with many useful articles for teachers and specific articles for new teachers.
- QTU new educators guide - is currently being updated. If you need advice, the simplest way is to contact the Queensland Teachers Assist Desk (QTAD).
- Internship agreements - between the QTU and Queensland universities which have Education courses
QTU members have a range of options available when needing assistance:
Update your details
Remember to keep us up to date when you change your school, address, employment or other contact details and head to the members' portal "myQTU".
Adding the Gen Z spin to new educator recruitment
The QTU is making huge strides in getting to know and understand our youngest cohort – those belonging to Generation Z – in order to meaningfully welcome them to our Union community.07 July 2020 Read More
Emerging from lockdown: Taking care of yourself
Now most of us have returned to our workplaces, where do we turn for guidance on how to navigate this new terrain and take care of ourselves in the process? The best place to turn is inward.05 June 2020 Read More
New and beginning teachers in the first five years of teaching will receive this newsletter at their preferred email address, however by following the steps below a member may elect to unsubscribe/subscribe.
- Logon using the myQTU button
- Select the green "manage your membership" button
- Select the "my communications" option from the dropdown menu [☰]
- Use checkboxes to subscribe/unsubscribe from this title and a range of newsletters available for QTU members