The QTU welcomes new and beginning teachers who are commencing their careers in the Department of Education and Training.
The QTU has a range of useful resources:
- Flare - the e-newsletter for new and beginning teachers
- online brochures on many topics, with some specific to new and beginning teachers
- access to the QTU library - find out more here
- all QTU members should receive the Union's journal - The Queensland Teachers' Journal - eight times per year, with many useful articles for teachers and specific articles for new teachers.
- QTU new educators guide - for QTU members only, you will need your member number and password to access the guide. This guide has been prepared for QTU members as a simple overview of the main issues that will affect you in your early years of teaching.If you need further advice, the simplest way is to contact the Queensland Teachers Assist Desk (QTAD).
- Internship agreements - between the QTU and Queensland universities which have Education courses
QTU members have a range of options available when needing assistance:
Update your details
Remember to keep us up to date when you change your school, address, employment or other contact details and head to the members' portal "myQTU".
Welcome to teaching: what you need to know...
As well as getting their lessons planned and getting to know their students, new teachers have a number of formal requirements to fulfil during their first year with the Department of Education.14 February 2019 Read More