New and beginning teachers in the QTU
The QTU welcomes new and beginning teachers who are commencing their careers in the Department of Education and Training.
The QTU has a range of useful resources:
- Beginning to teach - what you need to know (January 2022)
- New educator connect - the e-newsletter for new and beginning teachers
- online brochures on many topics, with some specific to new and beginning teachers
- access to the QTU library - find out more here
- all QTU members should receive the Union's journal - The Queensland Teachers' Journal - eight times per year, with many useful articles for teachers and specific articles for new teachers.
- QTU new educators guide - is currently being updated. If you need advice, the simplest way is to contact the Queensland Teachers Assist Desk (QTAD).
- Internship agreements - between the QTU and Queensland universities which have Education courses
QTU members have a range of options available when needing assistance:
Update your details
Remember to keep us up to date when you change your school, address, employment or other contact details and head to the members' portal "myQTU".
New Educators: Connect with us
This edition explores the experience of beginning teachers who have taken the plunge and become QTU Union Reps.11 March 2021 Read More