The QTU is holding its Biennial Professional Issues Conference on Friday 23 August. All QTU members, teachers, heads of program and school leaders are invited to attend. The conference will examine the range of professional issues facing educators today, and include a host of exciting guest speakers.
REGISTRATION OPENS 15 JULY
- Professor Adrian Piccoli, former NSW Education Minister and Director of the UNSW Gonski Institute for Education
- Dr Meghan Stacey, Lecturer, Sociology of Education and Education Policy, UNSW
- Dr Anna Hogan, Lecturer, School of Human Movement and Nutrition Sciences, The University of Queensland
- Mundanara Bayles, Co-Founder and Managing Director, BlackCard Cultural Capability Training courses
- Dr Tony Cook, PSM, Director-General of Education
- Kevin Bates, QTU President
- Cresta Richardson, QTU Vice-President
- Graham Moloney, QTU General Secretary
- Kate Ruttiman, QTU Deputy General Secretary (Member Services)
- Rebecca Hack, QTU Professional Development Officer
- Leah Mertens, QTU Research Officer – Professional Issues
Date: Friday 23 August 2019 | 9am to 4pm
Venue: Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
Registration*: OPENS 15 July (closes Friday 9 August)
Conference fee**: $150 including GST
More information: www.qtu.asn.au/PI or QTU Research Services on (07) 3512 9000 | email@example.com
Refund policy: Full refund prior to Friday 9 August 2019, non-refundable after 9 August 2019
Note: IRE leave is not applicable for this conference. The Director-General of Education has approved that 1 day professional development leave is appropriate for attendance at this conference, (in accordance with Part 8 of the Teaching in State Education Award 2016, section 29.3 ) however the ultimate decision/approval for PD leave/TRS falls with the individual school principal.
* You must be a financial QTU member to register.
** Fee does not include travel and accommodation expenses, which are to be met by the delegate