QTU Brochures, Fact sheets and Fact Checker entries are under revision following the 5 October certification of the Department of Education and Training State School Teachers’ Certified Agreement 2016 and the introduction of modern award Teaching in State Education Award - State 2016 (which replaces the Teachers Award - State 2012, the Community Education Counsellors Award - State 2012, and the Community Teachers, Assistant Teachers - Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Community Schools Award - State 2012)
Brochures & Fact sheets & Basic Guides
The QTU has produced brochures and fact sheets to summarise & clarify conditions of employment, rights & responsibilities of employees and employers as determined by the Awards, Certified Agreements, legislation and other information relevant to teachers as government employees in this State.
- INFORMATION brochures summarise and clarify conditions of employment and the rights and responsibilities of employees and employers
- ADVICE brochures assist members in the application of this information to their particular circumstances
- Additional information specific to our TAFE members is contained in the TAFE brochures.
- LEGAL brochures contain legal information in relation to matters including accidents, negligence, the QTU 's legal assistance scheme for members and more. Access to Legal Information brochures is restricted to QTU members.
Disclaimer: The Union has endeavoured to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in these documents at the date of the publication. If you intend to take action based on the information contained in these documents, please contact the Union to ensure that the information is current. No responsibility will be accepted by the Union to persons acting in reliance on these documents.
Authorised by Graham Moloney, General Secretary, Queensland Teachers' Union, 21 Graham St, Milton,Q. 4064
Union Reps and principals may access documents necessary for the conduct of the NAPLAN ballot here. Any difficulties, please contact email@example.com
Advice - QTAD
Training, seminars & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop
There are no vacancies at this time