For QTU members* in Metropolitan Central, Metropolitan West Logan and Metropolitan North regions
Legal risks are everywhere. Accessing the right information will protect yourself and those around you. This seminar will give you the chance to hear directly from the QTU’s lawyers.
Three sessions are offered:
- Metropolitan North - Thursday 14 July 2022
Kedron Wavell Services Club, 21 Kittyhawk Drive, Chermside from 4.00pm – 5.15pm
RSVP by 11 July
- Metropolitan Central - Wednesday 20 July 2022
Qld Academy for Science, Mathematics and Technology, 78 Bywong Street, Toowong from 4.00pm – 5.15pm
RSVP by 13 July
- Metropolitan West Logan - Tuesday 26 July 2022
Springfield Lake Hotel, 1 Springfield Lakes Boulevard, Springfield Lakes from 4.00pm – 5.15pm
RSVP by 20 July
We will cover what’s new and what to look out for in:
- Crime & Corruption Commission investigations in Education
- Conduct that puts Teacher Registration at risk
- New workplace investigation Directives
- WorkCover and duty of care generally
- Teacher's rights
- The QTU’s legal assistance service
Participants will receive a copy of the latest QTU Teachers and the Law publication
Edmund Burke, Partner, Holding Redlich Lawyers
Edmund is a highly experienced workplace lawyer specialising in employment and industrial relations issues with extensive industry experience in education law.
*You must be a financial QTU member to attend
Due to catering requirements and number limitations, RSVPs need to be received on or before the due date.