For QTU members* in Metropolitan Central, Metropolitan West Logan, Metropolitan South, Metropolitan North and Logan Redlands regions
Legal risks are everywhere. Accessing the right information will protect yourself and those around you. This seminar will give you the chance to hear directly from the QTU’s lawyers.
Three sessions are offered:
- Metropolitan South - Thursday 28 July 2022 : RSVP by 25 July
Mount Gravatt Bowls Club, 1873 Logan Rd, Upper Mount Gravatt QLD 4122 from 3.45pm – 5.00pm
- Logan Redlands - Wednesday 3 August 2022 : RSVP by 20 July
QTU Springwood, Hotel Gloria, Suite 1, 14 Carol Av, Springwood from 3.45pm – 5.00pm
- Metropolitan West Logan - Tuesday 9 August 2022: RSVP by 3 August
Springlake Hotel, 1 Springfield Lakes Blvd, Springfield Lakes from 4.00pm to 5.15pm
Due to catering requirements and number limitations, RSVPs MUST be received on or before the due date
We will cover what’s new and what to look out for in:
- Crime & Corruption Commission investigations in Education
- Conduct that puts Teacher Registration at risk
- New workplace investigation Directives
- WorkCover and duty of care generally
- Teacher's rights
- The QTU’s legal assistance service
Participants will receive a copy of the latest QTU Teachers and the Law publication
Edmund Burke/Rachel Drew, Holding Redlich Lawyers
Edmund and Rachel are a highly experienced workplace lawyer specialising in employment and industrial relations issues with extensive industry experience in education law.
*You must be a financial QTU member to attend
Due to catering requirements and number limitations, RSVPs need to be received on or before the due date.