One of the employment conditions for teachers in the Queensland state schooling sector is that teachers are able to request a transfer to another school and the Department of Education is also able to transfer a teacher to another school.
The transfer issue is a complex one and more information is available in our publication Teacher transfers and appeals.
Department information about the teacher transfer process is available in its Teacher Transfer Guidelines and information sheets that are displayed below.
Each year there are QTU members who either receive a required transfer that they do not want to accept or who have requested a transfer but have not received a transfer to a requested geographic area and/or region.
Departmental Advice Documents
- 2019 Temp to perm conversion Timelines for Teachers
- Transfer Ratings 2018 - QTU Version
- Transfer Rating Guidelines 2018
- Teacher Transfers Information Sheet - Teachers 2018
- Teacher Transfers Information Sheet - Human Resources 2018
- Teacher Transfers Information Sheet - Principals 2018
- Teacher Transfer Guidelines