[information updated 11 April 2019]
One of the employment conditions for teachers in the Queensland state schooling sector is that teachers are able to request a transfer to another school and the Department of Education is also able to transfer a teacher to another school.
The transfer issue is a complex one and more information is available in our publication Teacher transfers and appeals.
Department information about the teacher transfer process is available in its Teacher Transfer Guidelines and information sheets that are displayed below.
The 2019 teacher transfer process
Each year there are QTU members who either receive a required transfer that they do not want to accept or who have requested a transfer but have not received a transfer to a requested geographic area and/or region.
Departmental Advice Documents
- Inclusive education FAQs(SuppliedJune2019)
- 2019 Temp to perm conversion Timelines for Teachers
- Transfer Ratings 2018 - QTU Version
- Transfer Rating Guidelines 2019
- Teacher Transfers Information Sheet - Teachers 2019
- Teacher Transfers Information Sheet - Human Resources 2019
- Teacher Transfers Information Sheet - Principals 2019
- Teacher Transfer Guidelines 2019
Regional Geographic Areas
(Source: DoE April 2019)
- North Coast Region Geographic Areas.docx
- North Queensland Region Geographic Areas.docx
- South East Region Geographic Areas.docx
- Central Queensland Region Geographic Areas.docx
- Darling Downs South West Region Geographic Areas.docx
- Far North Queensland Region Geographic Areas.docx
- Metropolitan Region Geographic Areas.docx