[information updated 11 April 2019]
One of the employment conditions for teachers in the Queensland state schooling sector is that teachers are able to request a transfer to another school and the Department of Education is also able to transfer a teacher to another school.
The transfer issue is a complex one and more information is available in our publication Teacher transfers and appeals.
Department information about the teacher transfer process is available in its Teacher Transfer Guidelines [Please note, this links to outdated information - check back soon as we are awaiting a revised version from DoE, April 2019] and information sheets that are displayed below.
The 2019 teacher transfer process
Each year there are QTU members who either receive a required transfer that they do not want to accept or who have requested a transfer but have not received a transfer to a requested geographic area and/or region.
Departmental Advice Documents
- 2019 Temp to perm conversion Timelines for Teachers
- Transfer Ratings 2018 - QTU Version
- Transfer Rating Guidelines 2019
- Teacher Transfers Information Sheet - Teachers 2019
- Teacher Transfers Information Sheet - Human Resources 2019
- Teacher Transfers Information Sheet - Principals 2019
- Teacher Transfer Guidelines 2018
Regional Geographic Areas
(Source: DoE April 2019)
- North Coast Region Geographic Areas.docx
- North Queensland Region Geographic Areas.docx
- South East Region Geographic Areas.docx
- Central Queensland Region Geographic Areas.docx
- Darling Downs South West Region Geographic Areas.docx
- Far North Queensland Region Geographic Areas.docx
- Metropolitan Region Geographic Areas.docx