Current vacancy - Administration Assistant - Applications close 21 January 2019
- Position title - Administration Assistant
- Classification AO3
- Pay rate $62,000 to $73,000 p.a + super
- Permanent full-time
About the position
Administration Assistant - (AO3) permanent full-time
Established in 1889, the Queensland Teachers’ Union has chalked up over a century of achievements in helping teachers throughout Queensland, and is the voice of over 44,000 teachers in the Queensland Government's primary schools, secondary schools, special schools, senior colleges, TAFE colleges and other educational facilities.
The successful applicant will provide continued administrative support to the Finance & Corporate Services Manager, to acquire and recommend purchase of motor vehicles, to assist with the procurement of stationary and minor consumables, to assist with monitoring leases and insurances, to assist in the engagement of external contractors, and other general administration duties.
All applicants will be considered based on merit and the selection criteria’s below:
· advanced level of MS Word
· intermediate level of Excel
· enquiring mind with the initiative to improve methods if they are proven to be better than the status quo
· ability to discuss purchasing requirements with suppliers using friendly and professional skills
· a team player, actively participating and facilitating necessary work for overall team effectiveness, whist being able to get along well with team members
· knowledge of Great Plains software, acquisitions of motor vehicles, and some event management background
· Qualifications (minimum Diploma level) in Business/Accounting.
If you are motivated with a desire to provide a high level of service to customers, both internal and external, please send your current resume accompanied by a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm Monday 21 January 2019.
Vacancies in the QTU - general information
- General staff vacancies at the QTU are advertised here and on www.seek.com.au and in The Courier-Mail.
- Organiser and internal Officer positions are advertised here and in The Courier Mail.
- Elected positions are advertised in the Queensland Teachers' Journal and the Electoral Commission of Queensland website.
- Nomination forms for Union Reps, Branch, Area Council, Women's Contacts, Union Standing Committees, Reps on outside bodies and promotion selection panels positions are published in QTU notices in the Queensland Teachers' Journal Supplement or downloaded here.