Vacancies in the QTU - general information
- General staff vacancies at the QTU are advertised here and on www.seek.com.au and in The Courier-Mail.
- Organiser and internal Officer positions are advertised here and in The Courier Mail.
- Elected positions are advertised in the Queensland Teachers' Journal and the Electoral Commission of Queensland website.
- Nomination forms for Union Reps, Branch, Area Council, Women's Contacts, Union Standing Committees, Reps on outside bodies and promotion selection panels positions are published in QTU notices in the Queensland Teachers' Journal Supplement or downloaded here.
Administration Officer Springwood - Permanent part-time (applications close 12pm 27 March)
Administration Officer Springwood – Permanent part-time
- Springwood location
- 3 days per week
- Competitive salary package $40 per hour plus super & other employee benefits
The Queensland Teachers’ Union acts as the voice of more than 45,000 teachers in public education (schools and TAFE) in Queensland. We are proud to have over 120 years of achievement.
The successful applicant will be required to work 3 days per week at our office in Springwood (located near the Bus Terminal).
Remuneration package starts at $40 per hour plus superannuation and other employee benefits.
The successful applicant will meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience with administrative and logistical assistance for campaigns local, statewide, and industrial action activities.
- Capability in coordinating meetings, conferences and workshops.
- Absolute attention to detail and excellent time management.
- Professional communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to listen to and understand the customer (internal and external).
- Proactive - taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
Prior experience in a union environment or similar is ideal but not essential.
Please send your application with a brief cover letter and a current resume to email@example.com by 12pm Wednesday 27 March 2019.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.