Need INFORMATION about your working conditions, entitlements, advice or support for a more complex situation?
Being in the know about working conditions and entitlements is essential to support workload and wellbeing.
QTU members can contact the Queensland Teachers’ Assist Desk (QTAD) for advice and information. This help desk is designed to assist members with simple, quick advice over the phone or via email in relation to pay, leave and other general working conditions.
This is a QTU service staffed by QTU staff and QTU Officers. QTAD operates from the QTU Milton Office.
Some of the most frequent topics that QTAD assists members with includes:
- Playground Duty
- Non-contact Time
- Specialist Teacher Circuits
- Hours of Duty
- Pay levels and increments
- Summer Vacation Pay
- Leave Entitlements (eg parental leave, long service leave, etc)
- Contract and Supply Teacher matters
- WorkCover, WH&S, Rehabilitation.
There may be occasions where QTU Officers working in QTAD will be able to assist with more complex matters. Where particular expertise or further information is required, members will be referred to the appropriate Officer or Organiser of the Union.
QTAD staff can also send information by email, by post to members at their home or workplace.
This information may include:
- QTU Information, Legal and Advice Brochures (TAFE and Schools)
- DoE Forms and Memos (only those provided by DoE)
- Useful Website Addresses
- EQ Policies and Procedures
- Ministerial Directives
- Teachers’ Awards
- Teachers' certified agreements (TAFE and Schools).
Contacting QTAD is simple. Members can either call 1300 117 823 or use the online request for information form available via the QTU website: https://www.qtu.asn.au/seek-advice
Uploaded 10 November 2021