The QTU provides support for members in temporary, contract and casual positions (who face a range of unique issues in their employment) by providing ready access to advice and information; detailed information brochures ; a dedicated e-newsletter, “Temporary Teacher Communiqué” and advocacy and advice throughout the conversion to permanency process.
Assistance is available through QTAD (the Queensland Teachers’ Assist Desk), your local Organiser and a specialist QTU officers is there to help with more complex issues.
Temporary, casual and contract QTU members seeking advice:
- see brochures listing above for information on common issues.
- contact the QTU's Queensland Teachers' Assist Desk (QTAD) by phone, email or online form
- if your issue is more complex, you may be referred by QTAD or your QTU organiser to a specialist QTU officer
The QTU provides advocacy and advice throughout the conversion to permanency process for QTU members. If you are a temporary teacher seeking permanency, please start by completing this form and returning it to the appropriate address listed on the form.
Temp Teachers Communiqué
Temp teacher communique
Temp Teacher Communique - No. 16 March 2019
In this issue: l contract termination advice | the temporary to permanent conversion process and timelines | ESOR | PD opportunities | vacation pay | student free days.27 March 2019 Read More
Temporary to permanent conversion process for 2019
Information for teachers with three years continuous service and who are eligible for the offer of conversion. (Source : DET document)28 June 2018 Read More
This newsletter is sent by email to QTU members who have indicated they are temporary, casual or contract in their membership details, however by following the steps below a member may elect to unsubscribe/subscribe.
- Logon using the myQTU button
- Select the green "manage your membership" button
- Select the "my communications" option from the dropdown menu [☰]
- Use checkboxes to subscribe/unsubscribe from this title and a range of newsletters available for QTU members