The QTU provides support for members in temporary, contract and casual positions (who face a range of unique issues in their employment) by providing ready access to advice and information; detailed information brochures ; a dedicated e-newsletter, “Temporary Teacher Communiqué” and advocacy and advice throughout the conversion to permanency process.
Assistance is available through QTAD (the Queensland Teachers’ Assist Desk), your local Organiser and a specialist QTU officers is there to help with more complex issues.
Director General responds to QTU advocacy, June 2020
The QTU understands the employment and financial uncertainty that supply teachers have faced during the COVID-19 pandemic, and that these challenges are largely unique to our supply teacher
members. The QTU continues to campaign at the highest levels of the department for supply teachers, in seeking compensation for loss of work for Weeks 1-5 of Term 2. This advocacy is occurring in a complex space, but we continue to persevere. Ultimately, we are dealing with the decisions of government and the employer.....(read more)
Update 11 June 2020 : To check your eligibility with the DoE regarding conversion to permanency email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Temporary, casual and contract QTU members seeking advice:
- see brochures listing above for information on common issues.
- contact the QTU's Queensland Teachers' Assist Desk (QTAD) by phone, email or online form
- if your issue is more complex, you may be referred by QTAD or your QTU organiser to a specialist QTU officer
The QTU provides advocacy and advice throughout the conversion to permanency process for QTU members. If you are a temporary teacher seeking permanency, please start by completing this form and returning it to the appropriate address listed on the form.
Temp Teachers Communiqué
Temp teacher communique
This newsletter is sent by email to QTU members who have indicated they are temporary, casual or contract in their membership details, however by following the steps below a member may elect to unsubscribe/subscribe.
- Logon using the myQTU button
- Select the green "manage your membership" button
- Select the "my communications" option from the dropdown menu [☰]
- Use checkboxes to subscribe/unsubscribe from this title and a range of newsletters available for QTU members