No.8,16 July 2013
Members overwhelmingly reject DETE EB Offer – QTU seeks intervention of Industrial Relations Commission
The QTU conducted a ballot of its TAFE members during the week of 8-12 July.
Members were asked to vote on the following questions:
- Are you in favour of accepting the Department of Education, Training and Employment proposed Certified Agreement for TAFE Educational Staff?
- Do you support incorporation of educational and non-educational TAFE staff in one Certified Agreement?
Over 60 per cent of members responded to the ballot. On question one, 99 per cent of members voted “no”; on question two, 98 per cent of members voted “no”.
On the basis of this outcome and the fact that, on balance, the new offer incorporating educational and administrative TAFE employees is actually worse for our members, the QTU has decided to seek the intervention of the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission under section 148 of the Industrial Relations Act. The QTU has notified DETE that it will not be participating in EB negotiations until these negotiations take place under the supervision of the Industrial Relations Commission.
QTU TAFE Organiser
Authorised by Graham Moloney,General Secretary
Queensland Teachers Union 21 Graham Street Milton Q 4064
Advice - QTAD
Training, seminars & PD
- salary info
- campaign information
- branch meetings and much more
One of the great benefits of QTU membership is access to the QTU library.
Find out more about the library's great collection and how to order and request books online here.
You can visit us at
21 Graham Street, Milton Q 4064
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm
There are no vacancies at this time.
Qld Retired Teachers' Assoc.
For the professional...
- Click here for resources to assist you and professional organisations to support you to meet the increasing demands of your role.
- Care about your profession and want to help shape its future?
Join the new Professional Issues Network Group (PING) now!
QTU On-line Shop