United in Professionalism:
QTU Education Leaders Conference
Friday 26 October 2018 | Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
A QTU conference for principals, heads of school, heads of campus, DPs, HODs, HOCs, HOSES, guidance officers and aspiring leaders.
In a fast-changing educational landscape, knowledge is everything for today’s school leader. “ United in Professionalism” will provide school leaders with a deeper understanding of current issues, as well as update them on the latest developments at the state and national levels.
Registration is now open
- Login to myQTU to register under "my courses, conferences and events"
- You must be a financial QTU member to register
- $150 including GST.
- Fee does not include travel and accommodation expenses, which are to be met by the delegate.
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre. Click here for map
- Full refund prior to Friday 5 October 2018, non-refundable after 5 October 2018.
Friday 26 October 2018
9.00am to 3.30pm followed by refreshments
The conference is at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
Login to myQTU to register under "my courses, conferences and events"
You must be a financial QTU member to register
Keynote speakers, guests, presenters
Professor Alan Reid, Uni SA
Changing Direction: How Australian education policy is taking us backwards, and what can be done about it.
Alan Reid is Professor Emeritus of Education at the University of South Australia. A passionate supporter of public education, he has held numerous leadership positions in education, and been a key figure in some significant policy developments at state and national levels. Alan publishes widely in such areas as curriculum and education policy. He currently chairs the Public Education Advisory Committee in South Australia. His contributions to education have been recognised through a number of awards, including the Gold Medal of the Australian Council of Educational Leaders (ACEL). On Australia Day, 2012, he was made a Member of the Order of Australia (AM); and was named as one of four finalists for 2017 South Australian of the Year.
- Tony Cook, Director-General, Department of Education, Queensland
- Kevin Bates, President, Queensland Teachers’ Union
- Graham Moloney, General Secretary, Queensland Teachers’ Union
- Sam Pidgeon, Vice President, Queensland Teachers’ Union
- There will be a specific session on the Promotional Positions Classification Review
Please contact Research Services at the QTU on (07) 3512 9000 or email email@example.com
Thank you to our sponsors
- Teachers Mutual Bank