Workload & Wellbeing Awareness Month
At the QTU Biennial Conference, a member wellbeing and workload strategy – Staying Well - was adopted. The strategy has a range of elements, including awareness raising and a range of positive proactive activities, including a focus on individual and workplace wellbeing and reflection on teacher and school leader workload.
To support this awareness raising and positive action, throughout November the QTU is planning to undertake a range of activities and provide a number of resources under the banner WWAM – Workload and Wellbeing Awareness Month.
- We are seeking positive stories about things that you do in your workplace to enhance the wellbeing of staff or initiatives you have undertaken to address workload (these can be provided to your Regional Organiser or directly to email@example.com). Sharing stories of things that are working well may provide inspiration to others!
- We are asking you to plan ahead and hold a WWAM event at your school in November. This could include:
- dedicating a staff meeting to a discussion about workload and wellbeing
- holding a staff social event with a WWAM theme, to give people a chance to talk to their colleagues specifically about workload and wellbeing
- sharing some of the content the QTU will be providing throughout the month, i.e. readings or videos promoting personal wellbeing strategies
- utilising a regular school catch-up or event for the purpose of colleagues talking to one another about the approach they take to workload and wellbeing.
During WWAM, we hope to involve the profession and the community in a focus on the wellbeing and workload of teachers and school leaders. We will do this through: face-to-face events such as branch meetings and school based activities, online events and sharing of content, and through a social media campaign.
We hope that you will find a way to celebrate WWAM at your school in November, and we look forward to hearing your positive stories over the coming weeks!